12 November 2010

And So To Kick Off...

As a little girl I knew nothing about football and thought that all males had the cooties and therefore should be avoided at all costs. Football was their game, and I had no desire to be apart of it, let alone watch it. It's safe to say my views have changed since then, well at least some of them.

However, during that first Arsenal game, my dad, with some help from the 22 players on the pitch, and those fans sitting close enough to hear him struggle as he tried to explain the offside rule, taught me the basic principles of football, a game which has had me hooked ever since.

And I am going to attempt to do the same for you, so this weekend when the boyfriend or housemates suggest staying in and watching Match of the Day (BBC highlights of the days football) you might be able to keep up with what’s going on. You never know you might actually enjoy it too.

So before you all rush off change your high heels for football boots, or head down to the local to watch Super Sunday (Sky Sports coverage on a Sunday) its probably best to cover the basics.

1 comment:

  1. This is a brilliant idea, good luck though...If you can educate the female masses about the beautiful game, you should be given a dame-hood.

    Great blog though!

    SR

    ReplyDelete